tarafouts

Cinema Fiction

SPOILER ALERT!

Unravel Me

Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi Unravel Me is the second book in the Shatter Me trilogy, and it continues a few weeks where Shatter Me leaves off. Juliette is trying to adjust to Omega Point, while trying to control her dangerous ability. When she finds out the reason Adam can touch her, everything explodes and her world is torn apart with the realization that they could possibly never be together. It makes it harder for her to adjust, and makes it easier for her to harness her ability. But there's something brewing above ground, something that even Castle at Omega Point can't quite figure out. Warner is back, and Juliette knows he's looking for her.

And she hasn't told Castle that he could touch her, too.

And Holy Hell, this book was a roller-coaster ride. It was a glass box of a emotion, a wave of unending heartbreak and love, violence and destruction. Mafi definitely pulled out all the stops to make sure her sophomore novel did not go into the Sophomore Slump...and she definitely did everything right. Juliette is the same, misunderstood girl but stronger, trying to evolve into something more. Her relationship with Adam is still on fire, two chapters had me reeling and drinking their toxic love in.

Mafi's writing in itself is so different from an other YA book I've read, and I think I mentioned that when I read Shatter Me. Her writing is prose. The words flow across the pages like poetry, and you're so into the Juliette's mind that you forget where you are. Mafi's world building is spectacular, you feel everything inside of it- the destruction the violence. And she knows how to write a villain And let's just say this time - It's not particularly Warner. (You're probably thinking..who the hell could be more devilish than Warner?) Seriously. It's not.

If you loved Shatter Me, Unravel Me is the PERFECT companion. But it leaves you with the type of cliffhanger that makes you want to throw the damn book against the wall. She knows how to crush every emotion in your body. And the end? Let's just say...you'll be pissed, but it'll make you want to read more and wait impatiently for the third book.