tarafouts

Cinema Fiction

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) - Richelle Mead The awesomeness of Richelle Mead continues with the Indigo Spell, the third book in the saga featuring her kick- ass Alchemist character Sydney Sage. I can say one thing, it does not disappoint.

What I like about Richelle Mead's novels is that she knows how to write mystery and intrigue within the larger picture. It what makes you keep turning the page. Indigo Spell is no exception. While Sydney is dealing with the mystery surrounding Marcus Finch, she is also being a sleuth for Ms. Terriwellger, the crazy teacher whose teaching her magic. And in all of this, she's trying to deal with Jill, Angeline, and Eddie and their problems as well as trying to figure out her own for Adrian.

I admire Sydney in the fact that she's always trying to do the right thing by doing way too much for the people she cares about. But I also got a little irritated with her keeping her distance from her feelings for Adrian, WHICH SHE OBVIOUSLY HAS DAMN IT. It's really the main thing that keeps me reading, because it's SO FRUSTRATING.

Ahem.

Indigo Spell is exciting, and pulls you in from the very first page. Sydney, as frustrating as she is, grows as a character and her skills as a magic wielder even get crazier. It's definitely a perfect companion to the other two books, and I'm looking forward to the Fiery Heart!