tarafouts

Cinema Fiction

The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead Someone warned me that The Golden Lily was going to be depressing at the end. They were right. By the end of this book, I wanted to throw the book against the wall, curl up in a corner and cry. As this is a spoiler free review, all I can say is that Mead knows exactly how to draw someone into a certain relationship, feed their wild imagination and then make it all crash and burn to hell.

The Golden Lily was a perfect sequel to Bloodlines, as it picks up from where the first book left off, though a couple of weeks after the last terrifying event. Throughout the story, Sydney struggles with figuring out herself, as well as going on a first date, dealing with a moody Adrian (and trying to determine exactly what kind of relationship they have), and protecting the Moroi she realizes are now her friends. Mead uses this book to completely dive into Sydney's character, and that of Adrian's as well, and I became more interested in her an important protagonist in the world of Bloodlines series.

I enjoy having Dimitri as an important player in the series as well, as well as Sonya Karp and Adrian. I'm glad she kept these three, and it makes the Bloodlines series more connected to the Vampire Academy series. I am very excited for Indigo Spell, and can't wait to see what's going to happen next. After the epic ending of Golden Lily, it's going to be a long, depressing wait.